It was one of those days you see something in the shop, pick it up and bring it home to make something with it. Today that item was coconut milk. So a deliciously creamy coconut chicken curry was made!
- In a pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, black peppercorns, bay leaves and cinnamon stick until aromatic (a minute or so).
- Add the chopped onions and mix. Once the onions are golden brown, add the minced garlic and ginger and cook for a few minutes
- 3) Add the green chilli, salt, turmeric, curry powder and ground coriander mix for a minute. Add the tomatoes, mix and allow the tomatoes to soften for a few minutes.
- Add coconut milk. Mix and allow to cook over medium heat for a few minutes
- Add cubed chicken, allow to cook for 7-10 mins
- Add the yoghurt (if using) and mix. Add peas, cover and cook for 10-15 mins over medium/low heat, or until the peas soften
- Check, add hot water if you feel it is too dry for your liking, then mix
- Add coriander and mint, cover and leave for 5 mins before serving
It is as easy and yummy as that! Very satisfying coconut chicken curry! I hope you give it a go and enjoy :)