I bought oats a while back to add to the topping of my apple crumble (you can find the recipe here), and since then I have not used them for anything else. So I was thinking of a way to use up the oats, and still make something delicious....so flapjacks came to mind.
- Soak the dates in boiling water for 5 mins, then drain and chop
- In a pan, place the dates, butter, honey and walnuts on medium heat until the butter melts. The dates should start turning soft and almost melt with the butter
- Add the sugar and raisins, and stir well. Then mix in the oats
- Place the mixture into a greased baking tin, and place into the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 mins
- When you remove it from the oven, cut into pieces but do not remove it from the tin
- Leave to cool completely before removing the flapjacks
To be honest, these went so quick, only one piece remained as soon as I removed them to put on serving plate. Make sure you leave them to cool completely before removing them, or they will crumble. Enjoy :)