This recipe is a chicken curry with a twist, I wasn't really too sure whether to call it chicken bhuna or not, as I added tomato paste, freshly cut tomatoes and red peppers sliced as a Nosaiba extra. None the less, it tasted delicious alhamdulilah. If you liked my recipe for the lamb bhuna then you will also enjoy making and eating this!
- Place the oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until starting to lightly golden in colour
- Add the ginger alongside the chicken pieces
- Add the salt, bay leaves, cinnamon sticks and onions, mix well to combine. Cover the pot and leave over medium heat for approximately 30-35 mins (enough time for the chicken to cook in its own juices, and the mixture to start to thicken up)
- Once the mixture starts to thicken up (you may adjust timings to suit the consistency you want), add the mixed curry powder, coriander powder, chilli, cumin, turmeric, tomato puree, tomato and bell pepper. Mix well, cover and leave for another 10 mins
- Add the coriander, leave for a few more minutes then serve
I served this with rice, and made sure to eat with my fingers...as it was finger - lickingly good :D enjoy!