My colleague at work was saying how she was going out for Chinese in the evening, so I asked her what her favourite Chinese meal is. She said sweet and sour prawns. Sooo I thought hmmm, seeing as I love chicken, why not try and make sweet and sour chicken from the comfort of my own home! Here it goes..
- Combine all the ingredients under 'for the chicken batter', except the chicken, in a large bowl. Add the chicken and make sure it is well coated
- Heat the vegetable oil and fry the chicken on medium/high heat for 5 or so minutes, until they are golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to kitchen paper to drain and set aside
- Prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredients under 'for the sauce' then set aside
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium/high heat, then add the carrots, green pepper and onion. Stir for around 5 minutes until just cooked, but not brown
- Add the pineapple chunks and the sauce you have set aside to the vegetables. Bring to just a boil, enough so the sauce thickens, then add the chicken pieces and stir to ensure all is mixed
Serve with white rice and this will be absolutely delicious!! It actually is very straight forward, and you could substitute the chicken for king prawns if you fancied. Enjoy :)