Also known as elephant ears :) This recipe is super super EASY!! You can make your own puff pastry, or keep it super simple and get it shop bought.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave to melt, stirring every 30 seconds, then set aside to cool
- Roll the dough to a rectangle around 5mm in thickness, then spread the filling over the dough
- Roll the pastry from both ends, so that both rolled edges meet in the middle
- Brush the pastry with some beaten egg, turn upside down and chill in the fridge for 10 mins
- Cut the pastry into 2cm pieces, then place on a baking sheet face up, pressing the piece together to form an oval shape. Press the pastry down to bring it together, then brush more beaten egg on top
- Place in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 25-30 mins, or until golden and crisp. Transfer onto a wire rack to cool
The taste and the ease of making these is fantastic! Plus they look like cute hearts (or am I the only one who sees it?) Enjoy :)