I absolutely love the flavour of this coconut chicken korma. It is super delicious and simple to make! You will be sure to want to make this time and time again.
- In a bowl, add the chicken, salt, chilli powder, turmeric and yoghurt. Mix then cover and put in the fridge to marinate until ready to use
- Meanwhile, heat coconut oil in a pot, add the cinnamon stick, cumin seeds, onion powder and garlic powder, mix well
- Add the ginger garlic paste and onions, mix well and cook for 4-5 mins until onions cook
- Add the ground coriander and cumin, mix well. Add the marinated chicken, allow the chicken to gain some colour on both sides for a few minutes
- Add desiccated coconut and mix well. Add the coconut milk, mix well. Add chopped coriander, mix. Cover and allow to simmer on low heat for 25-30 mins until the chicken is cooked (mix from time to time to ensure it doesn't stick). Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Sprinkle desiccated coconut and coriander over the korma if you wish and serve
Serve with rice, or with naan bread or whatever you wish. Super super delicious and satisfying. Check out my healthier version of chicken korma too! I hope you give this a go and let me know how it goes. Enjoy :)