My sister likes to go meat free on some days, so she requested a mushroom curry. I thought why not bulk it up a bit and make a mushroom and potato curry instead. Simple, tasty and well...vegetarian.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pot, then add the onion, ginger, garlic and chilli. Cook until the onions change colour
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, curry powder and salt.
- Cook for a few minutes, then add the tomatoes and cook until tomatoes become soft (5-10 mins)
- Add the mushrooms and potatoes and mix well to coat, then add the water and leave on medium heat until the potatoes are cooked
- Remove some of the curry sauce into a small bowl and mix in the yoghurt. Once well mixed, add that back into the pot. Leave to cook for a few more minutes
- Taste and adjust the seasoning before serving
You may wish to decorate with freshly chopped coriander leaves. Serve with rice or bread. I also made a salad and used plenty of yoghurt on the side. Enjoy :))