This was absolutely delicious!! My sister initially had her reservations, as she had tasted gnocchi at an Italian place, but when she tasted this dish she found it more delicious than the one she had tasted. This really is worth a try!
- Heat the olive oil in a pot, then add the garlic until lightly golden
- Add the chopped tomatoes, alongside the salt and pepper. Simmer over medium heat for 10mins, stirring occasionally
- In the meantime, add the gnocchi in boiling water over medium heat. Once the water starts to boil, allow to cook for a few more minutes then drain
- Once the 10mins are up for the sauce, add the mascarpone cheese and cook for a further 2 minutes
- Add the spinach for a further minute, then add the gnocchi and mix well
- Add the basil leaves and cheese when serving
It is that easy, yet sooo delicious mashAllah! Enjoy :)