If you are wondering what to cook, and you need something super simple, super quick and using minimal ingredients you already have on hand - then you are missing out if you don't make this! It is so yummy with minimal effort :)
- In a large pot, add enough water to fill the pot, and sprinkle a generous amount of salt. Turn the hob to medium heat
- Once the water is bubbling, add the spaghetti. Cook according to packet instructions or until til 10 mins for an al dente texture. Do not drain fully - reserve at least half a cup of pasta water
- Meanwhile, in a pot, put the olive oil and garlic. Turn the heat onto low and let the garlic gently cook. The more gentle it is the longer the garlic has to infuse the oil
- Once the garlic starts to slightly change colour, add the parsley and mix
- When the garlic turns golden (you do not want it to cook too much or it will become bitter), add a few spoons from the reserved pasta water (which will stop the cooking process of the garlic)
- Add the spaghetti into the olive oil garlic mix, give it a good mix to incorporate it all, and then add the lemon zest and grated hard cheese. Serve!
The lemon zest brings out all the flavours, and it tastes so fresh and vibrant! What an easy, quick and delicious dish to try! Give it a go and enjoy :)