This has got to be my favourite pasta salad so far, its light yet filling, and has such good flavour to it mashAllah!! This is another one on the menu from the catering event. It is really straight forward to make, and once made can be kept in the fridge ready for your next days lunch.
- Place the pasta in a pot, alongside the garlic cloves with their skin on. Add enough hot water to immerse the pasta. Sprinkle salt, and give the pasta a good mix
- Leave the pasta to boil over medium/high heat, stirring every few minutes to ensure the pasta doesn't clump up. After 10 mins the pasta should be perfect, not too soft and not too hard - check, if it is al dente, drain the pasta water, and run the pasta under cold water
- Remove the garlic and set aside, and set the pasta aside until ready for use
- Meanwhile, prepare the tomatoes, olives, chives and basil - and add them to a large bowl. Add the pasta into this bowl
- In a jar or container with a tight lid, add the garlic (with the skin removed). Mash the garlic (it will be easy because its soft), add the white wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and black pepper. Close the jar/container lid, and give it a very good shake to combine the dressing
- Add the dressing over the pasta, and give everything a very good mix. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Serve straight away or put in the fridge ready to be eaten
This salad has such good flavour, I don't know if you will know just how much until you try it for yourself! So quick, so easy and soon yummy! Enjoy :)