For this recipe I used a large bolognese sauce jar, which you get from any supermarket. If this is not available to you, I would suggest you replace it with a tin of chopped tomatoes, oregano, thyme and mixed herbs.
- Heat the olive oil in a pot, and cook the minced meat on medium heat until the meat changes colour.
- Drain any excess liquid, then add the onions and garlic to the meat. Leave till the onions brown
- Add the salt, black pepper, cinnamon, garam masala to the mixture and stir well
- Add the bolognese sauce and tomato puree to the mixture, followed by the sweetcorn, and mix. Leave to simmer on medium/low heat for 15-20 mins
- Get the oven proof deep dishes, place a little of the sauce on the bottom, then layer the lasagna sheets to form a layer. Add some of the tomato sauce, as well a few tbsps of the white sauce. Keep repeating this until you have used up all the sauce
- For the final layer, add the lasagna sheets, followed by 3-4 tbsp of the white sauce. Place the cheese on the top and leave the dishes for 10-15 mins outside before placing into the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 25 mins, or until the top layer has melted and has gone golden/brown
There was once a dish called Lasagne, but then it was all gobbled up :) Enjoy!