- Sprinkle the salt over your prepared potato, whilst you are heating up the vegetable oil for frying. Fry the potatoes until golden brown then remove onto a plate with kitchen paper to absorb the excess oil
- In a medium sized pot, cook the minced meat over medium heat. Once the meat browns, add the salt, cinnamon and black pepper, then mix well
- Add the chopped coriander and the crushed garlic to the pot, and leave until the garlic cooks and the coriander wilts (at least 7-10 mins)
- Add 2-3 cups of boiling water (add less first, and then add more later if the mixture dries up), followed by the chicken stock cube.
- Add the potatoes, then increase the heat to high, and allow the mixture to boil for at least 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for a further 10 mins until the potatoes are easy to split
It is as easy as that! Whilst the potatoes cook, you can prepare the white rice, if you wish. Or if you prefer to eat it with bread, then be my guest! :D This is a really flavoursome dish and as you can see, one of the ones you can prepare quickly and effortlessly! Enjoy!