This is a typical Lebanese breakfast, easy to make and delicious to enjoy. It is the kind of breakfast you can sit around as a family and enjoy it from the same plate - sunnah style! Boiling the eggs and potato in advance and leaving them in the fridge means your breakfast is virtually ready in the morning!
- Place the potatoes and eggs in a pot and fill with water, enough to submerge them. Sprinkle in some salt, then leave on high heat until the water starts to boil
- Reduce heat to medium and partially cover the pot, allowing the potatoes and eggs to cook for around 20 mins
- Test the potatoes to see if they are down by inserting a fork/knife. If they are soft then turn off the heat and drain the water
- Peel the potatoes and eggs (you may need to do this under running cold water, unless you have heat proof hands like mine :P ), then using a fork, begin to mash them on the serving plate
- Add the salt, black pepper and cinnamon, and mix in with the potatoes and eggs whilst continually mashing them with your fork
- Make a design with the fork, if you wish, then using your finger make holes in the smoothed surface. Drizzle olive oil over the mixture, especially into the wells you have created
This is delicious eaten with warm pitta bread, and served with cold, freshly cut tomatoes, a side helping of mint, parsley, cucumber and whatever else you like really!! Enjoy :)