What is so good about this dish is that it uses little ingredients, so simple to put together, yet has such an amazing final taste. It is really healthy, filling and so straight forward to make.
- In a pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until light golden colour (this should take around 5-7 mins)
- Add the green beans, cover with a lid. To mix this, it is best to shake the pot whilst holding the lid shut. This ensures you do not squash the beans. However, if you do manually mix it, make sure you do very gently. Cook for around 10-15 mins or until the green beans have wilted a little
- Add the salt, tomato puree, chopped tomato and hot water. Gently mix. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Once the mixture is boiling, cover, reduce the heat to low and leave for 15 mins, gently mixing in between this time
- Add the whole garlic cloves, then put the lid back on and leave for a further 20-25 mins at least, or until the green beans are soft and the garlic is soft when poked
- You can either serve whilst hot, or leave to go cold before serving. Once serving, squeeze lemon juice over it and serve
This is eaten both hot or cold, usually with pitta bread and onion as a side. I highly recommend this easy yet delicious dish. Enjoy :)