There are different ways to cook the aubergines. I have done it one way before. I also sometimes cook them over a gas oven, with the flame directly on the aubergines to get them nice and charred. This method is more messy but does give a smokiness too. So you can decide what way to make it.
- Poke the aubergine with a knife, spray the skin with oil, wrap the aubergine in foil and put it in the oven at a high temperature for 30 mins over, or until the aubergine is cooked all the way through (i.e. soft)
- In a bowl, mince the garlic with the salt.
- Remove the skin off the aubergines, and mash them into the garlic, as much as possible, using a fork and/or a pestle
- Add the tahini, yoghurt and lemon, and mix together. Taste and adjust accordingly (if too lemony for your liking, add more tahini/yoghurt...if not so lemony add more lemon)
- Place into a serving dish, and drizzle olive oil over it, garnishing with chopped parsley if you wish
Definitely a lovely accompaniment on any dinner table, eaten with warm bread or kept in the fridge ready to eat whenever you wish :D Enjoy!