This Lebanese yakhni - or what you may call a stew - uses minimal ingredients, yet it is so delicious and straightforward to make! If you are a lover of cauliflower, you are in for a treat!
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium/high heat to deep fry the cauliflower. Once hot, add your frozen cauliflower to fry in batches. Once the cauliflower browns, remove and put onto kitchen paper to absorb the excess oil
- Meanwhile, in a large pot add the mince meat over medium heat, and cook until browned
- Add the salt, black pepper and cinnamon powder. Mix well
- Add the garlic and coriander, mixing for a few minutes
- Add half the quantity of boiling water and add the stock cube. Mix and let it cook over medium heat for at least 15 minutes (or until you finish frying your cauliflower). If your mixture dries up, add the other half quantity of boiling water
- Add the fried cauliflower into the pot, then add enough boiling water to cover the cauliflower mixture but not to fully immerse it. Leave to bubble away for 5-10 minutes before serving
Simple ingredients, delicious flavour and one with easy steps which lead to a satisfying end. Enjoy! :)