Sometimes, you miss cooking so much you begin to imagine what you want to cook. You actually visualise every ingredient...or maybe I am just crazy? lol So here is this dish I put together after imagining what I want to make whilst driving home. Alhamdulilah it turned out delicious, a definite treat!
- Place the rice in a bowl, and under running water, rinse the rice until the water from the rice becomes clear. Add fresh water to the bowl and set aside
- In a pot, add the olive oil over medium high heat, then add the onions and garlic. Cook for a few minutes, then add the shredded carrot
- After a few minutes, add the chicken pieces. Leave to cook for 5 mins, then turn the chicken and cook on the other side for a further 5 mins
- Once the chicken gains some colour and the onions become cooked, add the salt, pepper, cinnamon, paprika, brown sugar and turmeric powder. Mix well, and cook for a further few minutes
- Add the water, stock cube, tomato puree, rice, chickpeas and raisins. Mix well, leave to boil over high heat for 1-2 mins, then reduce the heat to low, cover and leave to cook for 15-20 mins. Check if the rice is cooked, then turn off the heat and leave for five to ten minutes with the heat off before serving
Alhamdulilah, sometimes the dishes you make up from your head are actually tastier than you think! Enjoy :)