This is a fun dish to make, and if you like potatoes, this is definitely a dish for you.
- After peeling the potatoes, cut slightly from the top part of the potato to form a levelled surface, then core the potato 3/4 down its length (make sure you don't poke a hole in it whilst you are coring). Reserve the core for use later
- Fry the potatoes in deep hot oil until golden in colour, then drain onto kitchen paper and set aside to cool
- Meanwhile, cook the minced meat on medium heat until the colour changes and its juices dry out
- Add the pine nuts, salt, cinnamon and black pepper and mix well. Set aside
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, place the meat mixture inside each one. Then take the core you had set aside and place it inside the potato (for decorative purposes). Align the potatoes in a deep roasting dish
- To make the tangy sauce, place the juice of 1 lemon with 3 tbsp pomegranate syrup, as well as the salt, cinnamon and black pepper. Mix well
- Add 3 cups of boiling water and mix altogether. Pour over the potatoes and taste the sauce. If it needs more tangyness, add another tablespoon of pomegranate syrup.
- Add any remaining potato cores or cores of any vegetables you have used
- Place the dish into the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 20-25 minutes
- If desired, prepare white rice to eat alongside the potatoes
Drown your plate with the tangy sauce, and enjoy every spoonful :)