Yesterday I was at my friend's home and her mother served us some delicious cake! So after work today, I really felt like making the same cake, so I got the recipe and here it is! The ingredients are soo simple, and there is room for your imagination.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract on high speed for around 5 mins, or until fluffy and pale yellow
- Add the oil and continue whisking, followed by the milk
- Separately mix the sifted flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda, then add a spoon at a time into the liquid mixture, reducing the whisking speed
- Grease a 23cm (or larger) cake tin (I used two 19 cm tins) and pour the mixture, placing into 170 degree oven for roughly 35 mins (check with a skewer to ensure it is done)
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool completely before decorating if desired
That is it! The design is really up to you. I haven't decorated in a while, so as you can see I went piping mad - resulting in a child like cake design! Lol. Most importantly, enjoy :)