When you want to prepare dinner, but don't want any hassle or effort, roast chicken, for me, is the easy answer. I have made tandoori marinated chicken before (search tandoori marinated whole roasted chicken). This garlic chicken is just super tasty, the chicken is deliciously flavoured, and the accompaniment of the buttery flavoursome sautéed potatoes is just perfect!
- Mix all the ingredients under 'for the garlic marinated roast chicken' except for the chicken, place it over the chicken and ensure you rub it really well into the slits of the chicken. Cover, and place in the fridge to marinate (can be for a minimum of 30 mins to overnight, depending how much time you have)
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, line a roast tin with foil, place the cooking rack on the tin (I place the rack upside down to allow the chicken to cook all round). Place the chicken on the rack, cover with foil and place into the oven on full heat (250 degrees celsius) for 30 mins
- Remove the foil, bring down the oven temperature to 180 degrees celsius, and cook for 10 mins. After this time, turn the chicken on its other side and cook for a further 10 mins, then turn the chicken back and cook for a further 15-20 mins or until the chicken has cooked through
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a pot with boiling water and salt. Cook for 10-15 mins (you do not want them to soften too much as they will become mushy). Drain the water
- In a pot, over medium high heat, melt the butter. Add the potatoes, garlic, salt, black pepper, paprika and mixed herbs and give them a good mix
- Cook, and continuously mix, until the potatoes have gained a lovely colour (around 15-20mins), then serve
I served this with tabooli (search tabooli for recipe), and boiled peas, as well as humus (search humus for recipe) Enjoy :)