I have a bad habit of picking up random items when food shopping, in hope I will make something with them. This time I picked up spinach, and as I walked past the cheese aisle, I thought oooo a feta and spinach roll sounds like a good idea. So here it is, a feta and spinach roll!
- In a pot, heat the olive oil, then add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions change colour
- Add the spinach and mix for a minute until the spinach wilts (remove any excess water that forms)
- Add the salt and mix
- Remove the mixture from the heat, and add the feta cheese, mixing well
- Roll out the puff pastry block, to form a rectangular shape (thickness is as you desire)
- Place the feta and spinach mixture in the middle, leaving the edges empty
- In a small bowl, mix the egg and milk to form the egg wash. Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg wash, then fold either side of the pastry to form a parcel, then seal the edges down with a fork.
- Transfer onto an oven tray lined with oiled baking paper, placing the folded edge downwards onto the tray
- Cut the pastry a few inches apart to form your pieces, then brush with the egg wash and sprinkle with the sesame seeds
- Place into the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 20-25 mins, or until the pastry is lightly golden
They are lovely appetisers, easy to make and delicious to the taste! Enjoy :)