We usually just buy the sachet fajita spice mixture, which you mix in with the veges and chicken to make fajitas, but I wanted to make it without this sachet. This was by far tastier, and the salsa that goes with it is absolutely delicious! Perfect combo!
- In a bowl, add the bell pepper, onion, chicken strips, paprika and cumin and mix. Add the juice of half the lime and the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and set aside whilst you prepare your salsa (probably around 5 mins)
- Heat the tortillas in a hot oven, microwave or on a dry pan for a few mins
- Meanwhile make the salsa by adding all the ingredients of the salsa in a new bowl and mix well
- Heat a griddle pan on high heat, leave it to go reallllly hot, before adding the bowl with the chicken in it, mixing it to ensure it does not burn. In around 5 mins the chicken should be cooked
- Place the chicken in the fajitas, fold up and serve with the salsa
Side salsa This was so much more delicious than using a sachet as a spice mix. Super simple, and ready in no time! Really recommend you try this and enjoyyyy! :)