I love tagine, and seeing as I have already made one with lamb which was delicious (https://www.nosaibasfood.com/recipes/morocco/164/lamb-tagine), I thought why not make something similar. I was looking for a filling yet healthy-ish meal...I think this did the trick :)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot, then place the chicken legs, skin down, and cook over medium/high heat until browned either side. Remove and set aside
- Into the same pot, add the onions, and cook for a few minutes until lightly golden, then add the garlic and ginger for 30 seconds
- Add the cumin, ginger, cinnamon and mix for a minute or so
- Add the butternut squash and carrots and mix well
- Mix the boiling water and chicken stock, then pour inside the pot. Add the chickpeas, salt, honey, apricots and prunes. Taste and adjust salt or honey, arrange the chickens neatly over the top of the vegetables with skin side upwards, bring to the boil over medium/high heat. Cover and leave for 30 mins.
- Remove the lid and continue boiling on high heat to thicken up the liquid. Taste before serving
I served with couscous, mashAllah so delicious and filling. This is definitely something I recommend you try, as it is both easy to make and yummy! Enjoy :)