This is a lovely, fragrant rice, which is more of a dessert really. I liked the sound of it, so gave it a go...
- Dry roast the raisins and pistachios in a pan, until lightly brown, then set aside
- Place the rice, boiling water, salt and cinnamon stick in a medium sized pot, and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and leave to cook for 10-12 mins
- Meanwhile, in a different pot, place the milk, butter, sugar, saffron, cloves and cardamom over medium heat, and bring to the boil - or until the sugar dissolves. Ensure you continually mix
- Once the rice has nearly finished cooking (10-12 mins later), add the sugar syrup, mixing gently with a fork. Cover and allow to cook over low heat for a further 5 mins or until the liquid is absorbed
- Place onto a serving plate and decorate with the raisins and nuts
This can be eaten hot or cold, and I tell you - it is DELICIOUS mashAllah! It is also so quick and simple to make! Enjoy :)