- In a pot, add the chickpeas with the liquid of the can, and bring to a boil over medium heat for 5-10 mins
- Meanwhile, in a serving dish, add the toasted pitta bread as the first layer
- Add the chickpeas over the pitta bread with a few tablespoons of the chickpea water to allow the pitta bread to absorb this chickpea liquid (reserve some chickpea liquid for later)
- In a separate bowl, mash together the garlic and salt until the garlic is well minced
- Add to this bowl the yoghurt, lemon juice and the tahini, as well as a few tablespoons of the chickpea liquid to loosen up the yoghurt. Mix well, then pour the mixture over the chickpeas and pitta layers
- Top with melted ghee as well as any of the decorating options listed above. Serve and enjoy!
This is a starter that will get everyone wanting more! Do note that this dish is best served immediately. You can prepare in advance by preparing each component, but only assemble it in the serving dish once your ready to serve! I do hope you give it a go - let me know if you do. Enjoy :)