I think it has become evident now that I love pears in desserts...so the sound of spiced pear and cranberry cupcakes was very appealing. Plus I had all the ingredients needed at hand...so here goes the recipe for these lovely cupcakes..
- Place the cranberries in a small bowl/cup and add the boiling water. Leave to soak for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, peel, core and dice the pears and set aside
- Place the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and caster sugar in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the melted butter, olive oil, eggs and yoghurt and fork together. Then combine this with the flour bowl and mix
- Drain the cranberries, add to the flour mixture, followed by the pears and mix briefly before spooning into paper cupcake cases arranged in a cupcake tin. Sprinkle a little extra caster sugar on the surface of each cupcake
- Bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 15-18 mins until well risen and golden.
- Remove and leave to cool in the tin for 5 mins before transferring onto a wire rack
These cupcakes can be served warm or cold. According to my sister they are the best cupcakes she has ever tasted :) ....so it may be worth giving them a go, and hopefully you will receive just as good feedback! Enjoy :)