Who doesn't love marshmallows? Please come forward!!! Ideally if you have tiny halal marshmallows, it would be easy, but we do not have that available, so I used big pieces and cut them into smaller pieces, as needed :)
- Place all the ingredients for the cupcakes, except the marshmallows, into a bowl, and use an electric whisk to beat for around a minute, until the mixture is light and creamy
- Stir in the marshmallow pieces and divide into a cupcake tin, lined with paper cake cases
- Bake on 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes, or until risen and just firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool
- To make the topping, place a third of the marshmallows with half of the double cream into a small saucepan, and heat very gently until the marshmallows melt. Place into a bowl and leave to cool
- Whip the remaining cream in a bowl until just holding its shape. Stir in the marshmallow cream and remaining marshmallow pieces, then pile on to the cakes.
- Decorate with extra chopped marshmallow pieces and serve :) (I also added a dusting of icing sugar)
If you want to enjoy a yummy cupcake, and try out a simple recipe, then go for this!! Most importantly, enjoyyyy :)