Who else cannot resist the sound of chocolate cupcakes....I had to give these a go...
- In a bowl stir together the boiling water and the cocoa powder until smooth. Leave to cool to room temperature
- In another bowl beat the butter and sugar together using an electric whisk until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Sift into the bowl the flour, baking powder, and salt and using a spoon mix until incorporated. Then add the cooled cocoa mixture and stir until smooth
- Fill each cup cake paper case till around 3/4 full, and bake for about 15 -20 minutes or until risen, springy to the touch, and a tooth pick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool
- Meanwhile, make the frosting by melting the chocolate in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water (or in the microwave, stirring every 10 seconds). Remove from the heat and let it cool to room temperature
- In a separate bowl beat the butter using an electric whisk until smooth and creamy (about 1 minute). Add the sugar and beat until it is light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Beat in the vanilla extract. Add the chocolate and beat on low speed until incorporated, then increase the speed to medium-high and beat until frosting is smooth and glossy (about 2 -3 minutes)
- Either pipe onto the cupcake or add it, either way - its going to be amazing :)
The cupcake is so soft and spongy, and most importantly - chocolatey! You have to give these a go, so easy and fun to make... Enjoy :)