Sometimes you feel like making something random, using something you find delicious...in this case, sweet potato!
- Place foil over an oven tray, and spread the olive oil over it. Place the sweet potatoes on the tray and place into the oven on 250 degrees Celsius for at least 30mins, or until the centre is soft
- Meanwhile, in a pot, heat the olive oil, cook the onions and garlic. Once they start to change colour (turn translucent), add the minced meat and cook over medium heat until the meat changes colour and cooks through
- Add the salt, black pepper, cinnamon, paprika, tandoori and ginger powder an mix well. Add the tomato puree, mix well, then add the cream cheese, ketchup and bbq sauce. Mix well, and set aside
- Once the sweet potatoes are done, remove them from the oven, using a sharp knife cut them length ways, carefully remove the soft potato flesh, trying to keep the skin in tact. Place the potato in a separate bowl and mash
- Place the skins back onto the oven tray (oil it again if oil has dried out), and leave in oven for 5 mins then remove
- Mix the potato flesh with the meat mixture. Insert into the sweet potato skins, and place onto the oven tray. Sprinkle some cheddar cheese on top, as well as a garnish of parsley. Place into oven for a further 10 mins at 250 degrees Celsius, remove and serve
The filling was absolutely delicious, and it is perfect as a nice side or an appetiser. Enjoy :)