I wanted to make a cookie that is super delicious, with the softness of a Subway style cookie. This really was so so good - took them to work and they literally flew from the container! Definitely something you should try for yourself.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. In the bowl of your stand mixer (or a normal bowl if you are hand whisking), add the butter, white sugar and brown sugar. Beat together until the mixture is light in colour and fluffy (may take 5-8mins)
- Add one egg at a time, and continue whisking. Add the vanilla extract and continue whisking
- In a separate bowl, sift in the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Mix together
- Add in a portion of the flour mixture at a time into the butter mixture, folding it until well incorporated
- Fold in your chocolate chips, reserving some for decorating. Take a heaped tablespoon of your cookie mixture and place onto a lined baking tray, keeping at least 2 inches apart. Top with a few plain and white chocolate chips, but do not flatten the cookie dough
- Place into the oven for 9-10 mins, then remove from the oven. Leave to cool for 5 mins on the tray before transferring the cookies onto a wire rack to cool
I do not have the words to express just how yummy these were! A big hit! I hope you give them a go and enjoy :)