Out of mere fun (yes I find baking fun), I thought I would try out this recipe for a chocolate and vanilla cake. It actually was more simple than I thought it would be, and it tastes delicious!
- Beat all the ingredients for the cake in a mixing bowl
- Grease and line with baking paper two 20cm sandwich tins, and spread the surfaces level
- Bake in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius (gas mark 4), for 20 minutes, or until well risen and springs back to the touch
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, before loosening the edges and removing the paper, turning both cakes onto a wire rack to cool
- Place the whipped cream on one of the cakes, and place the other cake on top. Dust the top of the cake lightly with icing sugar if you like
It is as easy as that :) So quick, simple and tasty! Enjoy :)