The weather is getting warmer, and my father asked me what's for dessert? lol. So I thought why not an arctic roll, something suitable for the hot weather, fast to make and absolutely delicious!!
- Place the ice cream on a cling film, and form into a large sausage shape - around 5cm x 30 cm. Wrap and place into the freezer
- Whisk together the eggs and caster sugar until very light, fluffy and thick (could take more than 10 mins)
- Add the flour over the mixture, then fold in gently until well combined. Place into a swiss roll tin (shallow tin) around 23cm x 33cm in size, which you have lined with baking paper. Smoothen out the surface, then place into the oven at 190 degrees Celsius for 10-13 mins, or until just firm to the touch
- Cut out a baking sheet larger than the tray, place it on the worktop and sprinkle extra sugar on it. Turn the sponge onto this sheet straight from the oven, remove the baking paper that is stuck to the sponge and allow to cool slightly
- Spread the jam over the sponge, then get the ice cream from the freezer and place it on the long side of the sponge - in the middle. Wrap the sponge around the ice-cream, and leave it tight to hold shape (you could place it in the freezer so that the ice cream doesn't melt). Cut into pieces and serveeeee
Soooo yummy!! The sponge is nice and soft, jam goes so well with the vanilla ice cream! Deliciousss! Enjoy :)