I have been wanting to make this for so long, as the recipe looks so easy, all you need are the ramekins, which I finally bought today! First attempt at this, so here it goes..
- Place the chocolate and butter in a microwavable bowl in the microwave, stirring after 1 minute, until the chocolate has melted (2 mins and a half should be enough)
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, caster sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and salt until combined
- Pour in the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture, and whisk until incorporated
- Finally add the flour and whisk to combine
- If you are using a normal ramekin, grease it with butter and then dust it with coco powder. I was using silicon ramekins so did not do this
- Place in the oven at 220 degrees Celsius for 11-12 mins (original recipe called for 13 mins, which I feel was too much for my lava cake, hence it depends on your oven - and adjusting this is essential to perfecting your molten lava cake). Once done, remove and turn it upside down on a plate, and dust with icing sugar before serving
Not bad for a first attempt, right? I would think the centre should be runnier, hence why I have adjusted the timing for next time inshAllah. Enjoy :)