This is easy, filling and flavoursome - and not only that, it is healthy and the longer you leave it in the fridge, the more flavour it has! So it is perfect to make in advance and take it with you for lunch or dinner.
- Wash the rice under running water. Drain, and add into a pot with the hot water. Season with salt and pepper, and over medium heat, bring to the boil. Lower the heat, cover, and leave for 15 mins or until the rice is done
- Drain the water from the rice, place the rice on a plate to cool, and fluff it up with a fork. Leave aside to cool down ready to use
- Now drain and wash the red kidney beans, chickpeas and black eye beans. Add into a large bowl, followed by the red bell pepper, chilli pepper, onion and fresh coriander
- Add the rice to the bowl, and mix gently to mix all the content
- In a clean jar or container with a lid, make the dressing by adding everything under 'for the dressing'. Seal the jar/container, and shake well to mix
- Add the dressing over the salad, mix well, and ideally keep in the fridge at least an hour before serving. The longer the more flavour it will be. Alternatively you can still eat it straight away
Perfect filling and healthy salad. It is so delicious you do not feel the guilt of enjoying such a refreshing salad. Enjoy :)